[AFRI-Discuss] [AfrICANN-discuss] Statment of the joint meeting of African community

Tijani BEN JEMAA tijani.benjemaa at planet.tn
Mon Sep 22 14:47:23 UTC 2014

Coming back to the document itself, I think the topic of the composition of the IANA Coordination Group has already been discussed and “closed”; so for me the paragraph on our declaration about the “unbalanced composition of the ICG is not important. The ICG’s work is open and open to comments; we should rather recommend that mechanisms are put in place to ensure that every interested parties have a chance to contribute and make their concerns heard moving forward.

I disagree. The unbalanced composition is a main point. We should express our regret despite the fact that it is done and nothing can be done to remediate it. Also, mechanisms to ensure that every interested party can contribute are already decided on, and nothing can be done to change them. This is to express the views of the African Community.

Tijani BEN JEMAA

Executive Director

Phone:  + 216 41 649 605

Mobile: + 216 98 330 114