[AFRI-Discuss] African representation in ICANN leadership positions to the list for approval

Barrack Otieno otieno.barrack at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 06:16:34 UTC 2014

Greetings Hadja/members,

Many thanks for your email. We actually have suggested deadlines on
the document. It would be good if members can endorse/critique the
document so that we can adopt and adapt it as a working document.  The
deadlines are as follows:
ACTIVITY PLANNING

Activities	Timelines	Estimated time required	Action led By

Elaboration of a Strategy Document to be submitted to AFRALO
Leadership Team	20th
October - 7th November 2014	3 weeks	Barrack Otieno

Identification of Africans who have served on various positions in
ICANN for Inclusion on a Website /Portal to motivate other
applicants	27th October 2014	1 week	Mercy Moyo

Submission of the Strategy document to AFRALO LT and approval by
AFRALO	7-15 November 2014	1 week	Fatimata Seye Sylla

Development of a Website / Portal containing the profile of Africans
who have served on various ICANN Constituencies	15th November - 15th
December 2014	1 Month	Mwendwa Kivuva

Preparation of one page leaflet that enumerates the open positions and
its benefits	15-18 November 2014	2-4 days	Seun Ojedeji
Outreach to the African internet Community

Through At Large Structures and mailing lists 	1st December 2014 -
31st March 2015	4 Months	AFRALO Secretariat

Sending Ambassadors to Regional Internet Meetings using the CROPP
Facility with a specific objective to recruit potential candidates.

AFRALO Members to play a lead role through at large structures closer
to where the meetings are being held once approved by the CROPP
Team	From 1st December 2014	12 Months	AFRALO ALS’s

Coaching potential candidates to apply in the leadership positions
available according to their profile	1st December 2014 - 31st March
2015	4 months	AFRALO Leadership Team
Evaluation of the outreach activities	from September 2015	1
week	AFRALO Leadership Team
Best Regards