[AFRI-Discuss] Update and Call for ideas - IGF Best Practices
towelan at nepad.org
Fri Aug 29 13:48:44 UTC 2014
The IGF Secretariat has launched a call for Comments<http://review.intgovforum.org/> on the draft IGF Best Practices<http://www.intgovforum.org/cms/best-practice-forums>. All stakeholders are invited to provide input by 5 September 2014 on the following themes:
1. Developing meaningful multistakeholder participation mechanisms<http://review.intgovforum.org/igf2014/best-practices/developing-meaningful-multistakeholder-participation-mechanisms/>
2. Regulation and mitigation of unwanted communications (e.g. "spam")<http://review.intgovforum.org/igf2014/best-practices/regulation-and-mitigation-of-unwanted-communications/>
3. Establishing and supporting Computer Emergency Response Teams (CERTs) for Internet security<http://review.intgovforum.org/igf2014/best-practices/establishing-and-supporting-computer-emergency-response-teams-certs-for-internet-security/>
4. Creating an enabling environment for the development of local content<http://review.intgovforum.org/igf2014/best-practices/creating-an-enabling-environment-for-the-development-of-local-content/>
5. Best practices for online child protection<http://review.intgovforum.org/igf2014/best-practices/best-practices-for-online-child-protection/>
You can also explore resources for each issue (Lead experts, background documentation, mailing list, etc.), available on the IGF Best Practices homepage: http://www.intgovforum.org/cms/best-practice-forums
Please also share ideas of new Best Practices themes – to be launched in the continuation of IGF Istanbul: e.g. Best Practices for managing online identity, Best Practices for developing multistakeholder resolution mechanisms at the local level (e.g. local IGFs), etc. ?
About the process:
Over the past weeks, communities gathering experts from government, business, Civil Society, and the academic and technical communities, have been working through open mailing lists and online virtual meetings on IGF Best Practices.
The discussion was documented by independent experts that will feed into five 90 minute Forums in Istanbul<http://igf2014.sched.org/type/best+practice+forum#.U_cJrUgb5aU> and that will in turn report into a Best Practices Main Session. A summary booklet on each Best Practices theme is the intended outcome. The drafts are open for comments until 5 September and will be published after the IGF 2014 meeting.
More information about the AFRI-Discuss