[AFRI-Discuss] DIAL OUT REQUESTS / REMINDER/ Meeting Invitation/ AFRALO September Teleconference / 04 September 2013 at 1830 UTC

Tijani BEN JEMAA tijani.benjemaa at planet.tn
Thu Sep 5 00:45:09 UTC 2013

Dear Peters,

I am afraid there is a big problem of understanding:

·        Yaovi is now an ICANN staff member and couldn’t anymore represent
his ALS in AFRALO, neither represent AFRALO in ALAC

·        His replacement in both positions is not a choice; it is compulsory

·        For the position of ISOC Benin (his ALS) representative in AFRALO,
the person who will replace him will be Pierre, the ISOC Benin Chair. The
decision was taken by ISOC Benin, and nobody else could interfere is such
decision

·        For the position of ALAC member, there will be shortly an
announcement with a timeline for the selection of Yaovi replacement. It will
be the decision of AFRALO, and any member can nominate any other member.
Self nomination is also possible. If there is a single nominee, he/she will
be automatically selected. If there is more than one nominee, a vote will be
organized to select one of them.

I hope this clarifies the situation.