[AFRI-Discuss] At-Large Community Views Requested on Draft Final Report on Universal Acceptance of IDN TLDs
ICANN At-Large Staff
staff at atlarge.icann.org
Fri Jun 28 05:10:50 UTC 2013
***THE FOLLOWING MESSAGE IS BEING SENT ON BEHLAF OF RINALIA ABDUL RAHIM***
Dear Members of the At-Large Community and IDN Working Group,
Your views are kindly requested on the JIG Draft Final Report on Universal Acceptance of IDN TLDs. Specifically,
1. Should the general recommendations of the report be supported?
2. Are there specific issues of concern within the report that should be raised?
If you have views, please share them via the At-Large Policy Development workspace by 7 July 2013.
At-Large Policy Development workspace link:
Full Report Link: http://ccnso.icann.org/workinggroups/idn-tld-acceptance-final-25jun13-en.pdf [PDF, 135 KB]
[Extract on General Recommendations]
1. IDN TLD operators (including IDN ccTLD, IDN gTLD and IDN gTLD Accredited Registrars) are recommended to support Universal Acceptance of IDN TLDs in their own systems. Part of this recommendation is that ICANN's IDN Guidelines be updated to include provisions for IDN TLD registries and registrars to support the Universal Acceptance of IDN TLDs within their own systems (i.e. for registration systems and services to accept name server records, child hosts, contact information with IDN TLDs)
2. ICANN should allocate specific resources for the advocacy of Universal Acceptance beyond the development of informational materials and toolkits.
3. ICANN should develop of informative reference materials for new IDN TLDs (including gTLD and ccTLD) to handle issues of Universal Acceptance
4. ICANN initiates efforts, lead by staff, with participation from the community, for further studies to investigate the scope of the issue and what other services or actions could be taken by ICANN to support the Universal Acceptance of IDN TLDs beyond outreach and awareness campaigns
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: ICANN At-Large Staff <staff at atlarge.icann.org<mailto:staff at atlarge.icann.org>>
Date: Wed, Jun 26, 2013 at 6:32 AM
Subject: [ALAC-Announce] FW: ICANN News Alert -- Draft Final Report on Universal Acceptance of IDN TLDs
To: "alac-announce at atlarge-lists.icann.org<mailto:alac-announce at atlarge-lists.icann.org>" <alac-announce at atlarge-lists.icann.org<mailto:alac-announce at atlarge-lists.icann.org>>
Draft Final Report on Universal Acceptance of IDN TLDs
25 June 2013
Forum Announcement: Comment Period Opens on Date: 25 June 2013
* Top-Level Domains
* Policy Processes
Purpose (Brief): The joint ccNSO-GNSO IDN working Group (JIG) seeks input from the community on its draft Final Report on Universal Acceptance of IDN TLDs. The draft includes recommendations to the ccNSO and GNSO Councils for further action to resolve policy and other relating to the universal acceptance of IDN TLDs The Working expects to finalize and publish its Final Report, and submit their report, after taking into account the comments received.
Public Comment Box Link: http://www.icann.org/en/news/public-comment/idn-tld-acceptance-final-25jun13-en.htm
This message was sent to matt.ashtiani at icann.org<mailto:matt.ashtiani at icann.org><mailto:matt.ashtiani at icann.org<mailto:matt.ashtiani at icann.org>> from:
ICANN | 12025 Waterfront Drive Suite 300 | Los Angeles, CA 90094-2536
Email Marketing by [http://app.icontact.com/images/icontact_tryFree.gif] <http://www.icontact.com/a.pl/144186>
Manage Your Subscription <http://app.icontact.com/icp/mmail-mprofile.pl?r=24564788&l=6333&s=BCA3&m=915394&c=165637>
ALAC-Announce mailing list
ALAC-Announce at atlarge-lists.icann.org<mailto:ALAC-Announce at atlarge-lists.icann.org>
At-Large Official Site: http://www.atlarge.icann.org
More information about the AFRI-Discuss