[AFRI-Discuss] Successful conclusion of an IPv6 Fundamentals Workshop in Douala, Cameroon from 11 to 14 September 2012

Janvier NGNOULAYE jnoulaye at uy1.uninet.cm
Mon Sep 17 18:11:51 UTC 2012

Dear Colleagues,
We are pleased to announce that the Cameroon Chapter of the Internet Society (ISOC Cameroon Chapter) has successfully organized a second four days IPv6 Fundamentals training workshop (11 to 14 September 2012) in Douala, Cameroon.

This workshop, led by Janvier Ngnoulaye, Lecturer in ICT at the University of Yaounde 1, assisted remotely with Testbeds Labs by Martin J. Levy, Matjaz Straus Istenič (of Hurricane Electric) and  Mukom Tamon (of AfriNIC) was attended by local network engineers from the Internet Service Providers (ISPs), large private companies, public administration and the University of Douala. This workshop aimed to give to participants the fundamentals of the new Internet protocol IPv6, and was focused on the standard topics set by 6deploy and AfriNIC.
We hope that this 2nd session will make see before the end of this year more IPv6 traffic from Cameroon.

We wish to express once again our recognition and thanks to the Internet Society (www.internetsociety.org) AfriNIC (www.afrinic.net) and 6deploy (www.6deploy.eu). Our appreciation and thanks also go especially to the following people who helped directly or indirectly to the successful organization of this workshop:
·Mukom Tamon, IPv6 Principal Trainer of AfriNIC,
·Martin J. Levy of Hurricane Electric (www.he.net),
·January Zorz of go6 Institute (www.go6.si),
·Matjaz Straus Istenič Arnes (www.arnes.si),
·Officials of the University of Douala.
More info and some pictures of the workshop will be available soon on the Impact IPv6 Project Web site at www.impactipv6.net

Warmest regards
Janvier Ngnoulaye,Ph.D.
ICT/Expert/Consulting/Trainer
Networking/System/Security/Internet Infrastructure
Yaounde - Cameroon
+237 77 72 03 34