[AFRI-Discuss] [ALAC-Announce] Call for RALO comments on FY12 Operating Plan &Budget

Dave Kissoondoyal dave at isoc-mu.org
Sun Jun 5 04:51:16 UTC 2011

It is really unfortunate that the Request for travel support funding for 5
participants to attend IGF 2011 in Nairobi on behalf of AFRALO has not been
approved.
This request was made after careful consideration to the importance of
outreach activities for both AFRALO and ICANN in general. After the success
that we have been able to share with the whole ICANN community following our
participation in last IGF Meeting in Vilnius, it was most appropriate that
our participation was renewed in IGF Nairobi.
We still feel that participation in events outside ICANN Meetings gives us
much more visibility and it helps us reach a broader number of Internet
Users. The only way that we can achieve our target of one ALS per country is
by broader participation, thinking outside the abode of ICANN.
Henceforth, we urge that in the preparation of future budgets, this element
is taken into consideration and that appropriate funding is allocated to
attend such events.

Thanks and best regards

Dave Kissoondoyal MBA, ACMI
CE0 - KMPGlobal Ltd