[AFRI-Discuss] AFRALO teleconference 7 January 17:00 UTC - Draft Agenda

Heidi Ullrich Heidi.Ullrich at icann.org
Mon Jan 5 15:31:37 EST 2009

Dear All,

I wish you all a happy 2009!   Working together we will make much progress in the activities of AFRALO and the entire At-Large Community!

The next AFRALO Meeting will take place in two days on 7 January at 17:00 UTC.

With the At-Large Summit in Mexico City less than two months away, this is a particularly important teleconference as you will need to discuss the agenda items of your General Assembly that will take place at the Summit.

The suggested agenda items are below and available at: https://st.icann.org/afralo/index.cgi?07_january_2009.
DRAFT AGENDA:

 *   Select a Chair for the meeting ( 5-10mins).
 *   Adoption of Meeting Summary of 10 December 2008 (Chair)
 *   Review of the Action Items for 10 December (Chair)
 *   Current ALS Applications: FMAI, Bokk Jang Bokk Jeff, CAPDA)
 *   Update on the At-Large Summit (Hawa +African ALAC members + Staff)
 *   Preparation of draft General Assembly agenda - deadline January 30, 2009 (Chair and AFRALO members)
 *   Update on current issues ( Staff + African ALAC members )
Including:
1. Draft Public Comment responses:

 *   External Review of the ALAC - 12 December 2008 (responsible: Fatimata)
 *   New Generic Name Top Level Domains - 7 January 2009 (on French version) (responsible: Didier)
 *   Draft Implementation Plan for IDN ccTLDs - 9 January 2008 (responsible: Mohammed)
2. The summit: What AFRALO would like (Mohammed)
3. Updates from ALS + Regional Activities (Present ALSes)
4. Any Other Business
Please let me know if you have any comments or suggestions on the draft agenda.

I look forward to speaking with you this Wednesday.

Kind regards,
Heidi

Heidi Ullrich
Manager, At-Large Regional Affairs