[AFRI-Discuss] Fwd: Re : Fw: [AfrICANN-discuss] ICANN en Francais

Mohamed EL Bashir admin at isoc.sd
Wed Nov 12 07:18:56 EST 2008

Dear Hawa, Gabriel

Thanks Hawa for translating Gabriel message from french to egnlish .

most of ccTLDs pays ICANN a yearly voluntary contribution it could start from 500 US ( as some small
african ccTLD registries pay ) upto thousands of dollars for big ccTLD registries, few ccTLD
registries have agreement with ICANN which specify annual fees according to domain registration
bands ( e.g Japan .JP ).

For gTLD most of them have agreements with ICANN which include finical contributions i guess, beside
ICANN fee of 20cents/per domain/year , gTLD fees are based on ICANN-Registry agreement .

The fees of new gTLD applications according to gTLD applicant guidebook is expensive for business
entities in developing countries planning to to join the world of Domain business, non-for-profit
organizations will not be able to apply for new gTLDs.

Regards,
Mohamed