[AFRI-Discuss] [Fwd: Policy Issue Briefs - FYI

Mohamed EL Bashir admin at isoc.sd
Fri Jun 20 04:38:17 EDT 2008

Posted on ICANN's website at <http://www.icann.org/policy/briefs/> are
/Policy Issue Briefs/ <http://www.icann.org/policy/briefs/> about some
of the key activities the ICANN community is working on in Paris and beyond:

Domain Name Monetization
<http://www.icann.org/policy/briefs/domain-name-monetization-jun08.pdf>

Internationalized Domain Names (IDNs)
<http://www.icann.org/policy/briefs/internationalized-domain-names-jun08.pdf>

New gTLDs <http://www.icann.org/policy/briefs/new-gtlds-jun08.pdf>

WHOIS <http://www.icann.org/policy/briefs/whois-jun08.pdf>

/Policy Issue Briefs/ <http://www.icann.org/policy/briefs/> are basic
introductions to important areas of Internet policy development that are
being addressed by the ICANN community's bottom-up, consensus based,
policymaking structure. They are designed and written by ICANN Policy
Staff to accommodate newcomers to ICANN, as well as ICANN issue veterans
who may desire basic information on an unfamiliar issue.  Translated
versions of all /Issue Briefs/ will be available soon online.  We would
appreciate your suggestions of additional topics for future /Policy
Issue Briefs <http://www.icann.org/policy/briefs/> -- /please send them
to /policy-staff at icann.org <mailto:policy-staff at icann.org>.  /Comments
on the substance of these /Issue Briefs/ is also welcome and should be
sent to the same email address.

We encourage people to go beyond these brief introductions (if they are
not involved in these issues) and learn more about the work of the ICANN
community. To facilitate this, links to information on current Policy
development activities are provided in the left side-bar of this webpage
<http://www.icann.org/policy/briefs/>, and we have included in each
/Issue Brief/ URLs to additional information. We also invite you to
receive regular updates on ICANN policy development activities via
e-mail by subscribing to the monthly / //Policy Updates
<http://www.icann.org/topics/policy/>/ (previous /Updates/
<http://www.icann.org/topics/policy/> can be found at