[AFRI-Discuss] Mailing List Issues

Nick Ashton-Hart nick.ashton-hart at icann.org
Fri Feb 29 04:30:18 EST 2008

There are two different tracks of work here. The issue with HTML emails
is also affecting the interface we're testing in-house; it seems
sensible to ensure that we can deal comprehensively with this problem as
we would not to replace one system with something which suffers from the
same problems.

It may interest everyone to know that there are several mailers which do
embed HTML in messages even when you say that you want only plaintext to
be sent. This clearly makes the problem very difficult to solve.

At the same time, I'm working with our existing provider, Funredes, on a
technical solution to the problem they're having with HTML emails.

I am sorry about this and I wish I could give you a better timeframe.

--
Regards,

Nick Ashton-Hart
Director, At-Large