[AFRI-Discuss] [At-Large] Regional Outreach Meeting to be held in April 2008 in Dubai

Nick Ashton-Hart nick.ashton-hart at icann.org
Mon Feb 11 06:59:47 EST 2008

I have a bit more information on this meeting but will have more soon.

It may be helpful to know that this meeting is being held at the
request of business interests who are interested in the potential
business opportunities in the New GTLDs space and governments who wish
to know more in particular about IDNs, as well as some ccTLDs who wish
to have some in-depth technical training on issues relevant to
themselves.

This does not mean that it is impossible to arrange an individual
Internet user component alongside these other elements - however,
after reviewing the information once it is available, it may be felt
that an outreach-event related to individual Internet users could be
more useful at another event in the region.

In summary, once I have some further information I will let you know
(you can also refer to what is posted shortly) - this should provide a
more informed basis that we currently have to review things.

Tel: +33 (450) 40 46 88
USA Tel: +1 (202) 657-5460
Fax: +41 (22) 595 85 44
mobile: +41 (79) 595 54 68