[AFRI-Discuss] [LAC-Discuss] [EURO-Discuss] Transcript of the ICANN BoardRatifying RALO MoUs

Carlton A Samuels carlton.samuels at uwimona.edu.jm
Fri Mar 30 16:23:22 EDT 2007

Dear Friends:

I speak here as the convening authority for The University of the West
Indies At-Large Structure within LACRALO. I can't recall ever meeting Susan
Crawford. But she has our common gratitude for these comments to her fellow
ICANN Board members. We wish it recorded that the UWI supports the position
she took in this matter and associate ourselves in full with her remarks.

We also support the sentiments expressed by Joichi Ito in respect of his
suggestion that this vote demands another look at the "the raison d'etre and
the existence of ICANN and how it should progress."

Kind regards,

Carlton A. Samuels

CIO & University Director of IT

The University of the West Indies