[AFRI-Discuss] [At-Large] ICANN IDN Laboratory test results online

Vittorio Bertola vb at bertola.eu
Fri Mar 9 03:28:07 EST 2007

Hong Xue ha scritto:

> Dear At-Large Community
>
> The positive IDN Laboratory test results that have just been posted on
> www.icann.org <http://www.icann.org/> - see directly at:
>
> http://icann.org/announcements/announcement-4-07mar07.htm
>
> It concludes that "during these tests, we were unable to detect any
> deviation at all in any part of the system from the normal behaviour of
> DNS systems. The addition of IDN strings seems to have had no measurable
> effect at all on the qualitative performance of the test systems. "
>
> These positive results will enable ICANN to move forward with the test
> of phase II. Phase II is currently under development but will be
> communicated as soon as possible.

This is really a good development... I really hope that we can have full
deployment of IDNs as soon as possible. It is very important for many
parts of the world!
--
vb.                   Vittorio Bertola - vb [a] bertola.eu   <--------
-------->  finally with a new website at http://bertola.eu/  <--------