[AFRI-Discuss] RegisterFly situation

Nick Ashton-Hart nick.ashton-hart at icann.org
Wed Mar 7 03:50:35 EST 2007

Dear Community:

I thought you would be interested in seeing the text of emails which
ICANN staff are sending to the large numbers of RegisterFly customers
who are contacting ICANN directly for help with their domains, as it
also provides some information on what actions ICANN is taking to
deal with the situation.

---

Thank you for your email.

ICANN is taking action in relation to RegisterFly.

We have found them to be in breach of their Accreditation Agreement
and we have demanded that they address these breaches.     In
addition to this legal action, ICANN convened a telephone conference
among those needed to implement a plan that will help cease
unintended deletions. The participants were Registries holding
RegisterFly names.

The Registries involved have agreed to move any RegisterFly names in
Redemption Grace Period status into Server-Delete-Prohibited status.
This will prevent them from being deleted from the registry and
becoming available for re-registration by others.

ICANN is also working to copy and protect data regarding registration
applications and registered name holders.

Our website http://www.icann.org and our blog http://blog.icann.org/
are updated regularly with information about what ICANN is doing to
assist people affected and this is the best source for you to get
information you need in the future.

Information on transfer policy can also be found at http://
www.icann.org/transfers/

I do appreciate how stressful this situation must be for you and hope
the information above is of assistance.

---
--
Regards,