[AFRI-Discuss] [At-Large] Domain Name Tasting

John L johnl at iecc.com
Fri Feb 16 08:49:13 EST 2007

On Fri, 16 Feb 2007, Rudi Vansnick wrote:

> I support the Domain Name Tasting issue to be discussed at the upcoming
> ICANN Meeting in Lisbon. Looking at what happens in EURid, I personally
> think the issue is a real big hurdle for EURid, even at Belgian (.be)
> level many discussions are ongoing.

That's a good thought.  The ALAC has already asked for and received an
issues paper on this topic.  It wasn't as complete as I would have liked,
but it did cover the basics.

The bylaws say that within 15 days after the report, the GNSO council
staff is supposed to recommend to the GNSO whether or not to initiate a
policy development process (PDP).  The issues report came out months ago,
but I don't recall hearing what happened relative to a PDP.

Nick, can you query their staff and find out?  Thanks.

Regards,
Information Superhighwayman wanna-be, http://www.johnlevine.com, Mayor
"More Wiener schnitzel, please", said Tom, revealingly.