[WHOIS-WG] [Registrants-rights] OPEN PUBLIC COMMENT: Proposed 2013 RAA Posted for Comment

Carlton Samuels carlton.samuels at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 19:45:17 UTC 2013

Dear Silvia:
Holly is lead on the RAA itself via Chairing the Registrants Rights WG.
 Her advice is key to moving forward.  I am keen to hear views on the
elements in Clause 6.3 - Board-initiated action to amend RAA and Clause
1.23 which provides more leeway for initiating changes to RAA, including
contemplating sanctions.

In any event, the adoption of a WHOIS Accuracy Program Specification
[Section 1.25], public WHOIS Access Requirements in thin vis-a-vis thick
registries [Section 3.3.1], Privacy and Proxy Accreditation Program and
their requirements [Section 3.14.2] + RDDS Specification [Section 3.2.1.2
et. al.]  in RAA 2013 requires some examination and possible feedback.  We
might also wish to explore how the WHOIS Accuracy Program Specs may
influence interpretation of Clause 3.7.8.

In preparation, might I ask if staff could request compilation and return
of the total number of complaints to Compliance by year and percentage of
those that are about inaccurate WHOIS over say, the last 8 years?

And could staff also request data on the number of enforcement actions per
annum and the percentage of those derived from inaccurate WHOIS?

Kind regards,
-Carlton

Carlton A Samuels
Mobile: 876-818-1799