[WHOIS-WG] Thick Whois

Michele Neylon :: Blacknight michele at blacknight.com
Sat Jan 12 18:51:08 UTC 2013

Patrick

Thanks for the mention.

The current process for registrars is painful. You cannot simply request that ICANN respect your national laws - you have to wait until you're already up to your neck in litigation :(

I would hope that in light of the Article 29 Working Party's renewed interest in ICANN that any new policy on whois would take local laws into consideration.

Though I've been around long enough to know that I shouldn't hold my breath :)

Regards

Michele

--
Mr Michele Neylon