[Registrants-rights] More on WHOIS Accuracy

Holly Raiche h.raiche at internode.on.net
Thu Jun 21 00:42:53 UTC 2012

HI Everyone

Michele has pointed out the further documents on the ICANN site - which includes the Whois Accuracy Program Specification.  The definition of accuracy is there - and the following final clause:

5.	Upon the occurrence of a Registered Name Holder's willful provision of inaccurate or unreliable WHOIS information, its willful failure promptly to update information provided to Registrar, or its failure to respond for over fifteen (15) calendar days to inquiries by Registrar concerning the accuracy of contact details associated with the Registered Name Holder's registration, Registrar shall either terminate the Registered Name Holder’s Registration or place such registration on clientHold and clientTransferProhibited.

The later version of the RAA, clause 3.7.8  requires the Registrar to comply with the Whois Accuracy Program and, if they learn of inaccuracy, they must take reasonable steps to correct the inaccuracy.

(I am assuming that the RAA group has discussed this - apologies if you have)  The question for us now is whether the new provisions address the issues raised by Garth - and the disappearance of the compliance chart.  If they do, they we should be pushing for the adoption of specification ASAP.

Holly