[Registrants-rights] Update on ICANN meeting on the RAA

Carlton Samuels carlton.samuels at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 13:39:41 UTC 2012

Hi Holly:
Our point of insertion in the process is critical to success, given our
lack of standing to enter the negotiations itself.

Two approaches  to action: 1) Go for impact, meaning take the problem that
will have the greatest impact in solution or 2) Go for the low-hanging
fruit, meaning one we know have the greatest reserve of support.

In either case, we must identify the jurisdiction[s] in which the problem
is centred so we can devise the most effective process to solution and
offer that as our definitive output.

So, if we believe the that the principal problem for registrants is that of
uneven operational practice, then a binding code of practice universally
applied is the thing for us to work.  If we believe it is a customer
service problem, then lets devise a baseline service-level agreement that
is readily adopted, easy to understand and track.

Best,
- Carlton

Carlton A Samuels
Mobile: 876-818-1799