[Registrants-rights] Registrars and Resellers

Hugh Dierker hdierker2204 at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 17 11:28:28 CDT 2010

I read this and it makes perfect sense until you read it without just assuming
it is Bureaucrateese for refusal to take personal responsibility.

Note my highlighted portion --- What is the "Concern of Governments" if not the
well being and safe haven of the Citizen?

Perhaps during these troubled times the UK government is concerned for
themselves and not the citizenry, kind of Barricade the Castle for they are
trying to get us??

Certainly in what we would call dictatorships, tyrants and strict Monarchs --
Mr. Carvell would be correct - the interest or concern of the Government would
be different than that of the citizens. But one would hope that in enlightened
democratic type republics his job would be to see to the welfare of citizens and
not his boss. Of course we are not naives who are nieve*,,, probably like most
ICANN staffers they view their job as keeping their job and status in society.

*good luck with certainty in spelling that word