[Registrants-rights] Registrars and Resellers

crawley and sons crawleyandsons at eircom.net
Fri Jul 2 20:42:52 CDT 2010

Dear Sirs,

As a business owner I find the unregulated confict of interest issues
among some Registrars and the total disregard of the Registrant as
unbelievable.

I had my business domains registered through a reseller, of course with
the professional looking templates available to him and being busy
looking after my own business and customers I never had reason to know
there was a difference between a Reseller and a Registrar.

The Reseller went through a stage of very bad health (it can happen to
humans), having failed to get replies to my emails regarding the renewal
of the domains I sought the advice of a professional web site builder.

He was able to tell me who the real Registrar was Wild West Domains, I
tried to contact them directly to renew my domains but the emails were
ignored except for the Auto Reply feature.

My advisor suggested requesting the domains be transferred using the
services of one of the (claimed) largest registrars in the USA Go
Daddy.com who it transpired is also an affiliate of the original Registrar.

Of course they took my money to transfer the domains which were still
well inside the redemption period but nothing was happening except my
domains were then showing an advertising page for the very registrar I
had paid to transfer them into a safe account where I could use them
once again.

I manged to contact a gentleman on one of the few email addresses listed
on the ICANN web site, in fairness he replied both by email and telephone.

The result was I now could get replies from the original Registrar Wild
West Domains, but nothing positive or helpful just the bare minimum to
be able to say they replied to my emails very much the same as Go Daddy