[RAA-WG] Introductory Comment

Michele Neylon michele at blacknight.ie
Wed Sep 10 14:16:41 CDT 2008

Danny Younger wrote:

> 1.  Comparative analysis of ccTLD Codes of Conduct

A lot of the ccTLDs don't seem to have adopted Codes of Conduct from
what I've seen, though maybe someone with a greater level of expertise
in the area would be able to comment on this.

Eurid has one, which several registrars (including ourselves) have
signed up to

Nominet doesn't have one, though I did speak to senior staff and members
of the board about it at the Paris meeting

IEDR doesn't have one (they currently don't even have a policy board, so
that's hardly surprising!)

For a lot of the other ccTLDs that I've had direct contact with the
contracts / agreements (let's not get bogged down in terminology) seem
to cover a lot of the areas that are of concern to the ICANN community
eg. warehousing is explicitly forbidden in the .be contract and several
of the others.

Regards

Michele
--