[RAA-WG] [At-Large] Fourth possibly final draft of RAA comments

jwkckid1 at ix.netcom.com jwkckid1 at ix.netcom.com
Mon Sep 17 20:56:39 CDT 2007

Michele and all,

  Point well taken regarding .COM.  However that point
is not a viable legal consideration necessary.  It seems
fairly obvious that ICANN accredited Registrars in particular
are falling behind current settled case law as well as the
most recent developments in statutory law in both the EU
and the US.  It also seems very evident given some of the
participants on this forum, that knowledge of recent case
law and statutory law in the US specifically is behind the
curve, so to speak.  That's unfortunate as political positions
of some participants don't agree with recent changes in
case and statutory law accordingly.  Ergo why I again
suggested to Vittorio that Privacy provisions in the current
draft which were removed for whatever reasons be reinstated
accordingly, and I did so with including siting of several
of those settled case law and statutory law documentation.

  What concerns me, and I am hopeful does concern ICANN
as well as Registrars/Registries is that ignorance of
the law is not used or considered an excuse for dis-including
Privacy language which is commensurate with said current
law as is applicable.  Filure to do so will undoubtedly
result in legal filings and disrupt "proper" ecommerce
accordingly.