[RAA-WG] [At-Large] Third possibly final draft of RAA comments/TPB

Danny Younger dannyyounger at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 14 09:08:40 CDT 2007

Eric,

As an attorney you are aware that in the context of
contract law, there are two categories of third party
beneficiaries; intended beneficiaries and incidental
beneficiaries.

By what twist of the law do you regard the registrant
community as the intended beneficiary of the two party
contract between the registrar community and ICANN?
As I see it, registrants are at best incidental
beneficiaries that have no enforceable rights under
such a contract.

Wishing it was otherwise is somewhat akin to a herd of
sheep passing a resolution declaring all wolves to be
vegetarians.  Nice thought, but the reality is still
otherwise.

Looking forward to your elucidation.

https://st.icann.org/alac/index.cgi?registrant_registrar_relations