[RAA-WG] Compliance Department Staff Size Insufficient

jwkckid1 at ix.netcom.com jwkckid1 at ix.netcom.com
Tue Aug 28 20:31:24 CDT 2007

Derek and all,

  I understood your original remarks, so no harm done as far
as I am concerned.

  I also agree bad faith domain names are indeed a problem
and the UDRP was originally, and remains an ineffective
method in which to deal with registrars whom do not address
those problems.  The earlier example which Danny pointed out,
cocaco1a.com and it's association with Googlemail.com and
aboutus.com significantly points out how this sort of poor
managment by some registrars and registrants is prevalent as
well for similar reasons as well as my pointing out the
mis-configuration of their DNS, incorrect/inaccurate admin
contact information via Email, for those domains,
< cocaco1a.com,googlemail.com and aboutus.com >.

  Worse yet is registrant abuse by registrars which many
examples over the past four years have been documented, reported,
and continue to be reported when transfer of domain names to
a different registrar is requested, and/or when correction of
registration data for a registered domain is sent in notification,
and also when double billing for re-registration often occurs and
is never corrected simply because the registrar is either not
available or is unwilling to make the necessary correction(s).