[RAA-WG] Submission, draft 1

Vittorio Bertola vb at bertola.eu
Mon Aug 20 18:00:01 CDT 2007

Danny Younger ha scritto:
> PS.  I disagree with your conclusion that "attempts to
> outlaw proxy registrations would be futile".  Proxy
> registrations have been successfully outlawed in .us,
> and eliminating the possibility of proxy registrations
> remains a viable policy choice (and a choice that many
> in the community -- other than a few privacy zealots
> -- do support).

Perhaps you can prevent "official" offering of proxy registrations, but
what prevents me from picking a friend of mine and telling him to
register a domain of which I will be the actual user? The point is
rather that whoever is listed as registrant takes the registrant's
responsibilities, whether he/she does so for him/herself or on someone
else's behalf (and the distribution of liabilities) is none of our business.

So what exactly was outlawed in .us, and how?
--
vb.                   Vittorio Bertola - vb [a] bertola.eu   <--------
-------->  finally with a new website at http://bertola.eu/  <--------