[NA-Discuss] Feedback request from NARALO Community

Glenn McKnight mcknight.glenn at gmail.com
Wed Apr 19 19:09:53 UTC 2023

Hi All
We are working on submitting to ICANN staff our views on the current ICANN
Fellowship programme.   Many of us have fought hard to include North
Americans candidates for consideration ( innovation that only occurred a
few years ago) and our special consideration via NARALO for an Indigenous
Fellowship initiative.  We  are appealing to our membership to provide
their thoughts. As a volunteer with DNS and Women I have made my views
known that the gender imbalance exists for the Fellowship ( myself and Dev
created the full database of the fellowship) and that men outnumber females
by more than 2 to 1.   Judith has also expressed concerns about persons
with disabilities.  In agreement with Judith it's a challenge to name a
handful of persons with disabilities since its inception( none from North
America)
Please provide your thoughts and recommendations for more diversity and
inclusion and any ideas on how to market to these communities
Thanks
Glenn
Glenn McKnight, MA
Virtual School of Internet Governance
Chief Information Officer
www.virtualsig.org
*YOUR SOURCE FOR INTERNET GOVERNANCE EDUCATION *
*Mobile  437-237-4655*