[NA-Discuss] RECORDED / nomination of Adrian Schmidt

Yesim Saglam yesim.nazlar at icann.org
Tue Apr 18 12:30:21 UTC 2023

Dear Adrian,

Your SOI is well received.

Please also update your At-Large SOI page, if you haven’t done so, yet.

Thank you.
Kind Regards,
Yeşim Sağlam

From: Adrian Schmidt <aschmi at gmail.com>
Date: 18 April 2023 Tuesday 14:37
To: Yesim Saglam <yesim.nazlar at icann.org>
Cc: "na-discuss at atlarge-lists.icann.org" <na-discuss at atlarge-lists.icann.org>, Marita Moll <mmoll at ca.inter.net>, Glenn McKnight <mcknight.glenn at gmail.com>
Subject: [Ext] Re: RECORDED / nomination of Adrian Schmidt

Dear ICANN community,

I am writing this email to introduce myself. My name is Adrian Schmidt, and I was born in South America (Argentina). I have a formal education as an Electronic Engineer and graduated with honors from the University of Buenos Aires. After working for the National Government in different roles, I became an entrepreneur and built my own business. Some years later, I was called to serve in different IT roles for various educational institutions around the world. During my tenure, I obtained a Master's degree in Business Administration and Information Technology. While working full-time, I volunteered for different non-profit committees in various roles, including board treasurer for multiple years. Last year, I moved with my family to Maryland, USA, where I am working as IT Associate Director for the Headquarters of the Seventh Day Adventist Church.

I have actively participated in the Internet and ICANN communities since 2018 (ARIN42), attending different meetings and events. I strongly believe that now is the time to give back to the NARALO community by accepting the nomination to serve as Secretariat. Although the work ahead is significant, I trust that previous leaders will be able to guide me, and we can work closely with the NARALO chair, ICAN staff,  and the community to continue building this huge task of Internet Governance.

Thank you for your time, and looking forward to working with all of you.

Best regards,

Adrian Schmidt

PS: Feel free to reach me if you have any questions, concerns, or ideas.