[NA-Discuss] RECORDED / Nomination for Bibi Rookayya

Yesim Saglam yesim.nazlar at icann.org
Fri Apr 14 09:33:13 UTC 2023

Dear Rookayya,

Thank you for sending your Statement of Interest (SOI) fort he NARALO Secretariat position.

Well received and posted on 2023 NARALO Regional Selections<https://community.icann.org/x/8YXKDQ> page.

Thank you.
Kind Regards,
Yeşim Sağlam

From: Rookayya G <rookayya.g at gmail.com>
Date: 14 April 2023 Friday 06:43
To: Glenn McKnight <mcknight.glenn at gmail.com>
Cc: NA Discuss <na-discuss at atlarge-lists.icann.org>, ICANN At-Large Staff <staff at atlarge.icann.org>
Subject: [Ext] Re: Nomination for Bibi Rookayya

Dear All,

I cordially accept Glenn McKnight's nomination for the NARALO secretariat.
I am writing the following brief statement of interest to express my strong interest in the nominated position and to explain why I believe I am a suitable candidate for this role.

First, I would like to thank Glenn McKnight for nominating me for this position despite being a newcomer in ICANN and I would like to thank the NARALO community for welcoming me.
I am a first time fellow from ICANN76. Although I may not have the same level of experience as some other candidates, I am committed to ongoing learning and development and I am eager to take on new challenges and responsibilities.
I am excited about the opportunity to grow and develop in this role and I am confident that I will make a positive impact.
I possess several personal attributes that I believe will be valuable in this role, including a strong work ethic, positive attitude, and ability to work well in a team. I thrive in fast-paced and dynamic environments and have a proven track record of adapting quickly to new challenges. I am eager to apply these skills in a professional setting and contribute to the success of the team.
So far, I have been working on Universal Acceptance and IDN in the Atlantic province – PEI with Mi’kmaq people and I look forward to contributing further to ICANN’s mission and work. I am happy to volunteer my time to this position and help the NARALO community.
I thank you all for considering my candidacy.

Kind regards,
Bibi Rookayya Gulmahamed
ISOC Québec member | ICANN76 fellow