[NA-Discuss] I'm voting against changes to the NARALO Rules

Evan Leibovitch evan at telly.org
Tue Sep 13 20:08:42 UTC 2022

On Tue, Sep 13, 2022 at 3:22 PM Alan Greenberg <alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca>
wrote:

> Can you enlarge on that. The new rules remove the requirement to
> participate in meetings or other events and to vote. The major new
> requirement is to allow At-Large to send occasional messages to ALS
> members.

In my original mail sent 10 hours ago. nothing in the above were in my list
of objections.

> There is also a requirement that the representative update us on the ALS
> status every 2 years. Is that onerous?

5.7 - Giving new, undefined and fully discretionary powers to the chair
that did not exist before and are not necessary

6.1.1 Extending the terms of of leadership unnecessarily

6.2 Extending term limits, also completely unnecessarily

7.2.1 Demands made on ALSs for needless service with no corresponding new
benefit

Pretty well the entirety of Appendix A and Appendix B

THAT's what's onerous, and outrageously so. It seems like the authors have
totally lost touch with the concept of who is in service to who.

- Evan