[NA-Discuss] ICANN Travel Notification for General Assembly

Jonathan Zuck JZuck at innovatorsnetwork.org
Mon Oct 3 15:59:13 UTC 2022

Disappointing, but understood.

From: NA-Discuss <na-discuss-bounces at atlarge-lists.icann.org> On Behalf Of Greg Shatan [ALAC] via NA-Discuss
Sent: Monday, October 3, 2022 8:41 AM
To: Evan Leibovitch <evan at telly.org>
Cc: NA Discuss <na-discuss at atlarge-lists.icann.org>
Subject: Re: [NA-Discuss] ICANN Travel Notification for General Assembly

All,

Eduardo and I had a call with staff at the end of last week about the timing and location of the session. The GA is now October 19th and 20th (with arrival on October 18th) and moved to the W Hotel in Hollywood.  There was a conflict between the ICAAN health and safety protocols and (1) the room size available at the first/ARIN hotel (which did not allow for minimum distancing) and (2) ARIN's health and safety protocols, so we would be able to attend ARIN 50 whilst our meeting was "in session."  There had been some hope that ICANN would relax its protocols in time for our meeting, allowing the original plan to stay in place, but that did not happen.

The ARIN event at Madame Tussauds and the Friday ARIN sessions are after our meeting is "out of session," so we can attend these events (at our own risk).

Greg