[NA-Discuss] REGISTER NOW - At-Large Policy Sessions next week

ICANN At-Large Staff staff at atlarge.icann.org
Thu Oct 14 14:17:56 UTC 2021

PLEASE REGISTER AND JOIN US!

Registrarse para zoom

Inscrivez-vous pour Zoom!

Dear All,

Please join us for the three At-Large Policy Sessions next week! Don’t forget to register.

Please see the full At-Large Schedule for next week (intersessional week) and ICANN72 here.<https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/ICANN72+-+Oct+2021%3A+Annual+General+Meeting>

  *   Monday 18 October from 19:00-20:30 UTC - At-Large Policy Session 1: Closed Generics: What's Next?<https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/At-Large+Meetings+-+Monday%2C+18+October+2021>
Moderator: Jonathan Zuck, ALAC
Guest Speakers: Avri Doria - ICANN Board, Becky Burr - ICANN Board, TBC – GAC, Kathy Kleiman - NCSG, Paul McGrady - IPC
Zoom Registration:  https://icann.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJMlcOqopjsqHtMbSm1KbRR68oR5YkDenlAo

Interpretation: English, Français, Español (to join the language channels, please see here: https://community.icann.org/x/fAyHCg). Zoom room in English only.

What will happen with Closed Generics in subsequent rounds?  The 2012 Applicant Guidebook was silent on the concept of generic terms (i.e. books, perfume, etc.) being used by a single company, or “closed.” The GAC advised against them unless they were in the global public interest but left that undefined. Given the lack of consensus, coming out of the Subsequent Procedures Workgroup, there is currently no policy in place, leaving the development of a policy on Closed Generics in the hands of the board.

In this session, we will discuss the possible scenarios in which closed generics could be authorized and endeavour to advance the discussion, prior to board consideration.

  *   Tuesday 19 October from 17:00-18:30 UTC - At-Large Policy Session 2: Tackling DNS Abuse<https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/At-Large+Meetings+-+Tuesday%2C+19+October+2021>
Moderator: Joanna Kulesza, ALAC
Guest Speakers: Lori Schulman - IPC, Brian Cimbolic - Public Interest Registry, Graeme Bunton - DNS Abuse Institute, James Bladel - VP of Global Policy at GoDaddy
Zoom Registration:  https://icann.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJIrcuGorz0oG9VC2VspyYovClX6tTyMzWdL

Interpretation: English, Français, Español (to join the language channels, please see here: https://community.icann.org/x/fwyHCg). Zoom room in English only.

This proposal aims to bridge the widening gap between policy development around activity considered abusive to the Domain Name System (DNS Abuse) and relevant legal and policy measures. With the overall goal of breaking the  silos, it brings together technical community, governments and business from around the globe to offer different perspectives on DNS Abuse and platform liability. Looking at automated content moderation within platforms, is asks the questions of recommendable policy solutions to best address end user needs and concerns.

  *   Wednesday 20 October from 17:00-18:00 UTC and 18:30-19:30 UTC - At-Large Policy Session 3: ICANN Accountability and Transparency and the ICANN Reviews (part 1)<https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/At-Large+Meetings+-+Wednesday%2C+20+October+2021>(part 2)
Moderators: Sébastien Bachollet and Heather Forrest
Guest speakers: please see list here<https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/At-Large+Meetings+-+Wednesday%2C+20+October+2021>
Zoom Registration (valid for part 1 & 2): https://icann.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJwpdeCtqD8pGdCfGN3LUBf5ctJCniJsS3dY

Interpretation: English, Français, Español, Русский (to join the language channels, please see here: https://community.icann.org/x/9gVyCg). Zoom room in English only.

[cid:image001.png at 01D7C10E.0C566350]

This proposal aims to both explore the ATRT3 recommendations regarding Reviews and the Board approval of the ATRT3 Final Report as well as expand the understanding of the perspectives of all ICANN Constituencies on the implementation of the recommendations.

The ATRT3 Final Report included a recommendation for changes to Specific and Organizational Reviews, including creation of a new Holistic Review of ICANN, and evolution of Organizational Reviews into Continuous Improvement Programs.

While all Review will be discussed. a primary focus of the session will be placed on discussion of the Holistic Review, including discussion of timing, organization, budget and other actions to support its implementation.

Please see the full At-Large Schedule for At-Large week (intersessional week) and ICANN72 here.<https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/ICANN72+-+Oct+2021%3A+Annual+General+Meeting>

Thank you.
Kind regards,

ICANN Policy Staff in support of the At-Large Community
Website: atlarge.icann.org [atlarge.icann.org]<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__atlarge.icann.org_&d=DwMGaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=ds9md1zoepmwqw2nfk-Vs9ssxn1I3jPs97ekKkctEkM&m=eVjcqQ6q8nY7QUSrlA2nPJNCy7kLh0qN2VYRahN9_94&s=w0dPK7RICz6K2B73FoSU1sV9BhHFOnYC3blqz9emA6o&e=>
Facebook: facebook.com/icann [facebook.com]<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.facebook.com_icannatlarge&d=DwMGaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=ds9md1zoepmwqw2nfk-Vs9ssxn1I3jPs97ekKkctEkM&m=eVjcqQ6q8nY7QUSrlA2nPJNCy7kLh0qN2VYRahN9_94&s=cQT9ewNA5UeVKxa3D4IGyjS4kHn3xOCI4z2ZyLFEX0k&e=>atlarge [facebook.com]<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.facebook.com_icannatlarge&d=DwMGaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=ds9md1zoepmwqw2nfk-Vs9ssxn1I3jPs97ekKkctEkM&m=eVjcqQ6q8nY7QUSrlA2nPJNCy7kLh0qN2VYRahN9_94&s=cQT9ewNA5UeVKxa3D4IGyjS4kHn3xOCI4z2ZyLFEX0k&e=>
Twitter: @ [twitter.com]<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__twitter.com_ICANNAtLarge&d=DwMGaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=ds9md1zoepmwqw2nfk-Vs9ssxn1I3jPs97ekKkctEkM&m=eVjcqQ6q8nY7QUSrlA2nPJNCy7kLh0qN2VYRahN9_94&s=S3JMa5G0D-NLynujJc8RwSnj4cn354eHaVMXf2JIsm4&e=>ICANNAtLarge [twitter.com]<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__twitter.com_ICANNAtLarge&d=DwMGaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=ds9md1zoepmwqw2nfk-Vs9ssxn1I3jPs97ekKkctEkM&m=eVjcqQ6q8nY7QUSrlA2nPJNCy7kLh0qN2VYRahN9_94&s=S3JMa5G0D-NLynujJc8RwSnj4cn354eHaVMXf2JIsm4&e=>