[NA-Discuss] Request for a special ZOOM call to detail the NA CROP Plan

Glenn McKnight mcknight.glenn at gmail.com
Fri Apr 30 16:53:10 UTC 2021

Hi
I posted the FY 22 Strategic CROP ( Community Regional Outreach Plan) to
the list and we are have great feedback which requires more critical
discussion and feedback.   Note we have two key elements in the document
1.  CROP ( Community Regional Outreach Plan) and
2. Discretionary Funding

This has been a yearly requirement by all the  RALO's for the past five
years to detail how we will justify the expenditure of time, money and
resources to reach out to underrepresented communities in NARALO.   The
original budget was for five trips per year and it's now modified to be
only three trips per year and it doesn't include the cost of conference
fees. ( We have used the  discretionary funds to augment this)

In the past we have attended

   - ARIN meetings ( Montreal, Chicago, New Orleans and San Diego,  Montego
   Bay
   - NTEN https://www.nten.org/  Washington, San Jose,
   - Digital Inclusion Conference  https://netinclusion2018.sched.com/
   <https://netinclusion2018.sched.com/>   Cleveland, Portland(Cancelled)
   - ICANN meetings  San Juan PR
   - IEEE Humanitarian Initiative Committee  Montreal
   - Globe 2016  Vancouver
   - IGF USA, Washington
   - RIGHTSCON, Toronto
   - NASIG Montreal, Washington (Cancelled)   Seattle (Cancelled)

Reference  Material
CROPP and CROP Trips
2016
https://community.icann.org/display/croppfy16/NARALO+Outreach+Strategic+Plan
2017
https://community.icann.org/display/croppfy17/NARALO+Outreach+Strategic+Plan
2018

NARALO Strategic Plans
2016
https://community.icann.org/display/croppfy16/NARALO+Outreach+Strategic+Plan
2017
https://community.icann.org/display/croppfy17/NARALO+Outreach+Strategic+Plan
2018
https://community.icann.org/display/soaceoutreach/NARALO+Outreach+Strategic+Plan
2019
https://community.icann.org/display/soacabout/NARALO+Outreach+Strategic+Plan
2020
https://community.icann.org/display/soacabout/FY21+NARALO+Outreach+Strategic+Plan
( Missing content)
shifted to this page by staff
https://community.icann.org/display/NARALO/FY+21+NARALO+Outreach+and+Engagement+Strategic+plan

I will leave it to our  Chair to decide on the next steps on discussion and
the content of the FY 22 report.

*PS *
*I have been a member of this committee and crafter of the  past and the
current content,  due to my  NOMCOM obligations  I resigned from the
Outreach and Engagement  in the FALL 2020, so I'm am  NOT a member of this
committee but I have volunteered to help with this document.  I have no
authority on the final copy and pass this work in progress back to the
NARALO officers to make a decision on next steps*

*Thanks*

Glenn

Glenn McKnight, MA
Virtual School of Internet Governance
Chief Information Officer
www.virtualsig.org
*YOUR SOURCE FOR INTERNET GOVERNANCE EDUCATION *

Virus-free.
www.avg.com
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>