[NA-Discuss] NOMCOM UPDATE

Glenn McKnight mcknight.glenn at gmail.com
Thu Apr 1 15:36:21 UTC 2021

About the 2021 NomCom Candidates

Out of 116 completed applications:

   - 26 percent of applicants were female, 58 percent of applicants were
   male, 16 percent did not disclose
   - 28 percent of applicants are from Africa
   - 29 percent of applicants are from Asia, Australia, Pacific Islands
   - 16 percent of applicants are from Europe
   - 17 percent of applicants are from Latin America and Caribbean
   - 10 percent of applicants are from North America

Open Leadership Positions

As a reminder, the 2021 NomCom application round had nine open leadership
positions. We have accepted applications for the following key leadership
roles:

   - Three members of the ICANN Board of Directors
   - Three regional representatives for the At-Large Advisory Committee
   (ALAC) – one each representing Africa; Asia, Australia, Pacific Islands;
   and Latin America and Caribbean
   - Two members of the Generic Names Supporting Organization (GNSO)
   Council – one representing the Contracted Parties House and one
   representing the Non-Contracted Parties House
   - One member of the Country Code Names Supporting Organization (ccNSO)
   Council

Next Steps

Although we cannot meet in person, we are working with the ICANN Board and
organization to ensure that the NomCom's effort continues during these
challenging times. Currently, we are in the assessment period. During this
period, NomCom delegates undertake a series of steps to evaluate the
applications. These steps are summarized below and include but are not
limited to:

   - Independently reviewing each of the applications.
   - Holding a meeting to review all of the applications and narrow down
   the list of applicants.
   - Performing a deep dive into the remaining list of applicants.
   - Holding a second assessment meeting based on this shortlist of
   applicants.
   - Conducting virtual interviews with shortlisted candidates.

After due diligence is complete, our goal is to announce the NomCom
selectees by August. Until then, we'll continue to update you about our
progress on the assessment process.

For more information about the leadership positions, our timeline, and the
NomCom, please visit the NomCom 2021 page <https://www.icann.org/nomcom2021>
.
Glenn McKnight, MA
Virtual School of Internet Governance
Chief Information Officer
www.virtualsig.org
*YOUR SOURCE FOR INTERNET GOVERNANCE EDUCATION *