[NA-Discuss] Fwd: Request for your help and support for ICANN69 session

Eduardo Diaz eduardodiazrivera at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 11:58:07 UTC 2020

Any takes?

-ed

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Amrita Choudhury <amritachoudhury at ccaoi.in>
Date: Mon, Sep 21, 2020 at 12:24 AM
Subject: Request for your help and support for ICANN69 session
To: <eun.ojedeji at gmail.com>, <hilaliaziz at yahoo.fr>, <skiden at gmail.com>, <
sebicann at bachollet.fr>, <filinafilka at gmail.com>, <
presidencia at internauta.org.ar>, <harold.arcos at gmail.com>, <
eduardodiazrivera at gmail.com>, <judith at jhellerstein.com>, Satish Babu <
sb at inapp.com>, Lianna Galstyan <lianna at isoc.am>, Ali Almeshal <
dralialmeshal at gmail.com>
Cc: Maureen Hilyard <maureen.hilyard at gmail.com>, ICANN At-Large Staff <
staff at atlarge.icann.org>

Dear RALO leaders,

This is w.r.t the session being planned for ICANN69.  I request your help
in this session both in terms of coordinating the session and also
nominating ALS or individual members to speak at the session.

The objective of the  session is to highlight the work been done by ALSes
and individual members of At Large across the globe in spreading the work
of ICANN within their communities and contributing back to At Large on the
various policy issues with the end user perspective even during the
pandemic times. ALS members and individual members from the different RALOs
will share their experiences on how they have been engaging in At Large and
highlight the initiative they have undertaken within their communities.
Subsequently there will be a discussion on how this engagement can be
further improved based on the feedback from ALSes and individual members
and also the initiatives being taken by At Large.

In this context, I would request you to:

   1. nominate  one ALS and one individual member from each RALO  who in 3
   mins would share how they have been engaged in spreading the word of At
   Large in their respective communities  and sharing back the inputs of their
   community or ALS with their RALO
   2. Nominate  one ALS and  one individual member from each RALO who had
   participated in the ATLAS 3 and has recently joined in policy drafting for
   At Large. These selected people will share their experience of joining
   policy drafting in 3 mins

It would be preferred that new voices be showcased.

   1. For the second part on suggestions for enhancing engagement
   especially in PDP, since we cannot have a breakout session, we would want
   the RALO head or someone from the RALO leadership share  the top 5
   suggestions received from their region on how their members feel they can
   be more engaged in At Large especially PDP.  Also highlight the initiatives
   taken at the RALO level to enhance engagement.
   2. Based on all the discussion  perhaps EURALO Chair (since the meeting
   is in Europe) can summarize the discussion and suggest way ahead.

   1. Also if you could nominate someone from your team who would be
   coordinating for the RALO for this session along with me and staff.

While these are some of our initial thoughts, I look forward to your
suggestions, inputs to improve the session.

Session Title: *ICANN At-Large: Ensuring Community Engagement in Pandemic
Times*

Date: 15 October

Time 10:00-11:30 UTC

*Objective of the session:*

This session will highlight the work been done by ALSes and individual
members of At Large across the globe in spreading the work of ICANN within
their communities and contributing back to At Large on the various policy
issues with the end user perspective. ALS members and individual members
from the different RALOs will share their experiences on how they have been
engaging in At Large and highlight the initiative they have undertaken
within their communities.

Subsequently there will be a discussion on how this engagement can be
further improved based on the feedback from ALSes and individual members
and also the initiatives being taken by At Large.

Session Outline

   - Introduction (5 mins)

   - Voices from the RALOs
      - On their Engagement Initiatives  (30 mins)
      - Engaging in Policy Development process (30 mins)

   - Suggestions for enhancing engagement, especially in PDP for future
      - RALO heads* (*or whomever the RALO chooses*. *What do you prefer?)*
      will share the top 5 suggestions received from their region on how their
      members feel they can be more engaged in At Large especially PDP.  Also
      highlight the initiatives taken at the RALO level to enhance engagement.
      (15 mins)
      - EURALO Chair will summarize the suggestions with five key action
      points (5 mins)

   - Summarizing the session (5 mins)

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Amrita

--
*NOTICE:* This email may contain information which is confidential and/or
subject to legal privilege, and is intended for the use of the named