[NA-Discuss] CROP Selection Committee

Susannah Gray susannah.gray at gmail.com
Mon Apr 8 15:45:16 UTC 2019

Hi Glenn,

On 08/04/2019 07:29, Glenn McKnight wrote:
> Hi Folks
> We had a valuable discussion on the loose ends on the composition of
> the selection committee for CROP trips.
> I drafted a form for feedback to be made effective after July 1st and
> the completion of the NARALO Strategic Plans for FY 20.   We will have
> three trips again in FY 20 and this year we had   ARIN, Digital
> Inclusion and NTC 19.  This year's committee only evaluated one trip
> since the other two only had one expression of interest for CROP.
>
> The process
>
>   * Creation of the  CROP Selection Committee ( Summer 2019)
>   * Completion of the  NARALO CROP Strategic Plan
>   * Call for interest in attending the  three  CROP trips( NO
>     REGISTRATION FEES COVERED)
>   * Creation of a Google Form for trip 12 weeks in advance of trip
>   * Cut of date for interest 10 weeks in advance
>   * Selection by committee or default ( single Application) of the
>     traveller
>   * Completion of the CROP trip by traveller
>   * Sign off by Chris Modini
>   * Completion of the trip
>   * Traveller completes Assessment Form
>   * Assessment form signed off by the CROP RT and Chris Modini
>   * Report at monthly meeting and story for newsletter
>
> I hope this is clear and if you have any questions please contact me
> Thanks
>
> Here is a very simple form for members  interested in being on next
> year's selection committee
> https://forms.gle/8yujfKMi3uHpjc6D8

- I believe we started a discussion regarding the CROP Selection
Guidelines but did not conclude it.

You drafted a detailed set of guidelines back in January and I provided
feedback on these:

https://community.icann.org/display/CRALO/RALO+Member+CROP+Selection+Guidelines

I think we probably need to finalize the selection guidelines before
convening the new selection committee.

Cheers,

Susannah