[NA-Discuss] MEETUP/WEBCAST FEB 5: Digital Preservation II: Business Models and Financial Incentives (with Vint Cerf)

Joly MacFie joly at punkcast.com
Sun Jan 28 19:07:52 UTC 2018

​
​​Oops sent out wrong facebook signup link, fixed below - it is
https://www.facebook.com/events/147173006001648
​​

​
The ISOC-NY/Google Digital Preservation roadshow reaches NYC. Our DC event
<http://isoc-ny.org/p2/9792> was sold-out and a big success, and raised
many good points about the policy issues. Now we are calling on NYC to
think about the money angle! As you will see from DC, this is very much a
conversation, so we are not looking for just attendees but active
participants and respondents. Plenty of room at Google, so come on down! Or
join online!

​​

[image: livestream]
<https://livestream.com/internetsociety/dpbusiness>On *Monday
February 5 2018* at *5:30pm EST *the *Internet Society New York Chapter*
<http://isoc-ny.org/> (ISOC-NY) presents *Digital Preservation II: Business
Models and Financial Incentives
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/digital-preservation-ii-business-models-and-financial-incentives-with-vint-cerf-tickets-42501837139>*
 at *Google NYC*. In 2018 the ISOC-NY, with the support of Google, has
embarked on *a new project <http://www.internetsociety.org/>* to explore
and define Digital Preservation principles, protocols, and practices. For
this, the second event in the series, we are looking to engage the NYC tech
and VC community, thus our focus will primarily be on the fiscal and
entrepreneurial aspects. However, all aspects of digital preservation will
be on the table. Keynote speaker and interlocutor will be *Vint Cerf*,
Chief Internet Evangelist, Google. The event will be webcast live on
the *Internet
Society Livestream Channel
<https://livestream.com/internetsociety/dpbusiness>* with open captioning.

*What: DigitalPreservation II: Business Models and Financial Incentives
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/digital-preservation-ii-business-models-and-financial-incentives-with-vint-cerf-tickets-42501837139>*
*Where: Google, NYC*
*When: Monday February 5 2018 – 5:30pm-7:30pm | 22:30-00:30 UTC*
*About: https://www.internetsociety.org/blog/2018/01/preserving-future-one-bit-time/
<https://www.internetsociety.org/blog/2018/01/preserving-future-one-bit-time/>*
*Register (in person or webcast): Eventbrite
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/digital-preservation-ii-business-models-and-financial-incentives-with-vint-cerf-tickets-42501837139>
| Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/events/147173006001648/>*
*Webcast: https://livestream.com/internetsociety/dpbusiness
<https://livestream.com/internetsociety/dpbusiness>*
*Captioning: http://streamtext.net/player?event=CFI-ISOC
<http://streamtext.net/player?event=CFI-ISOC>*
*Twitter:  @isocny + #digitalpreservation <http://bit.ly/isocnydp>*

*Don’t miss this unique conversation about our digital future, facilitated
by one of the fathers of the Internet!*

Comment <http://isoc-ny.org/p2/9869#respond>    See all comments
<http://isoc-ny.org/p2/9869#comments>

http://isoc-ny.org/p2/9869

Joly MacFie  218 565 9365 Skype:punkcast
-

Joly MacFie  218 565 9365 Skype:punkcast