[NA-Discuss] Updated PDF Version of Rules of Procedures

Glenn McKnight mcknight.glenn at gmail.com
Fri Sep 29 00:29:51 UTC 2017

*To NARALO Membership*

*NARALO  Rules of Procedures Update*

It has been seven years since NARALO has updated its Rules of Procedures
and we are pleased to announce that the special working committee chaired
by Judith Hellerstein has produced a succinct but comprehensive document
that will serve NARALO well.

The committee consisted of John More (pen holder), Judith Hellerstein
(chair), Alan Greenberg, Glenn McKnight, Seith Reiss, Eduardo Diaz and
Louis Houle started  in earnest in February 2017 . At the NARALO GA, John
More provided an extensive overview of the updates in April and the small
working party with the lion share of work by John and Judith followed by
extensive constructive feedback by Alan has produced a high quality set of
Rules for the membership.

The document focused on clarifying missing or misleading information,
especially the process of decertification of ALS’s  and individual members
and the steps in the communication with those ALS’s that are inactive.  It’s
important to note * *that** the original Rules of Procedures were sound and
practical and we tried to stay within the scope and spirit of the original
document.

A special thank you to John More for his extensive work on the document and
we now turn to the membership to review the document which is open for the
next twenty-one days, then we will have a formal Big Pulse vote to ratify
the document which will start on Oct 20 to 27th, ( 7 days) ,a special
effort will be made to contact our two ALSes in Puerto Rico and our
individual members due to Internet stoppage to phone them directly and
request their votes

Please see the attached MS Word Document

A history of the special working group and the original Rules of Procedures
can be found here
<https://community.icann.org/display/NARALO/NARALO+Operating+Principles+Review>
https://community.icann.org/display/NARALO/NARALO+
Operating+Principles+Review

Thank You

Glenn McKnight
Chair NARALO

Glenn McKnightPreview attachment NARALO RULES OF PROCEDURES FINAL DRAFT
09-28-17.pdf
<https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?ui=2&ik=411619db58&view=att&th=15ecaf719c01249e&attid=0.1.3&disp=inline&safe=1&zw>
<https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?ui=2&ik=411619db58&view=att&th=15ecaf719c01249e&attid=0.1.3&disp=inline&safe=1&zw>
<https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?ui=2&ik=411619db58&view=att&th=15ecaf719c01249e&attid=0.1.3&disp=inline&safe=1&zw>
<https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?ui=2&ik=411619db58&view=att&th=15ecaf719c01249e&attid=0.1.3&disp=inline&safe=1&zw>
NARALO RULES OF PROCEDURES FINAL DRAFT 09-28-17.pdf
71 KB
mcknight.glenn at gmail.com
skype  gmcknight
twitter gmcknight