[NA-Discuss] Time Sensitive: ALAC Finance and Budget Sub-Committee (FBSC)

Eduardo Diaz eduardodiazrivera at gmail.com
Wed Nov 22 20:13:21 UTC 2017

@ALL:

ITEM #19: ALAC Finance and Budget Sub-Committee
<https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/ALAC+Subcommittee+on+Finance+and+Budget>
 (FBSC) was discussed during our last meeting a few days ago. The
description of this item is as follows:

*“Under the request of Alan Greenberg, Chair of the ALAC and ALAC Finance
and Budget Sub-Committee
<https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/ALAC+Subcommittee+on+Finance+and+Budget>
(FBSC),
we are issuing a call for members of the 2017-2018 FBSC.  The tasks of the
FBSC include but are not limited to: *

*- Coordination of the annual additional Budget Requests from the ALAC and
the RALOs that will be filed to go into the yearly ICANN budget - Drafting
of any Statement regarding the ICANN Budget Process - Drafting of any
Statement regarding the ICANN Strategic Process - Drafting of any Statement
regarding ICANN's Operating plan - Issues involving Constituency Travel
Budgets*

*There will be two Members per region: - One ALAC member to be selected by
the region's ALAC members. Please note that Alan is the Chair of the FBSC
and would prefer not to serve as the NARALO ALAC member.  - One Member
representing the RALO. This will normally be a RALO Chair, Vice-Chair (if
the region has such an officer defined) or Secretariat. A RALO may choose
someone else to be their official representative, as long as that person is
both involved in the selection and preparation of that region's budget
requests, and is empowered to act on behalf of the region on the FBSC.”*

Because of the discussion, Judith and myself were approved to be the two
persons that will be representing our region as members of the FBSC.

William Cunningham, one of our unaffiliated members, expressed his desire
of participating in this group. According to the FBSC WG description: *“**All
FBSC calls are open to observers, but membership of the working group is
closed.”*

I will be sending a letter to the FBSC chair confirming Judith and I as
members and William as an observer this Friday, 24 November 2018.

Please let me know if anyone else is interested in been an observer in this
WG not later than tomorrow at the time of this message.

Thanks.

-ed

--
*NOTICE:* This email may contain information which is confidential and/or
subject to legal privilege, and is intended for the use of the named