[NA-Discuss] Congrats

Glenn McKnight mcknight.glenn at gmail.com
Sun May 28 18:34:46 UTC 2017

 Hi All

The  recent NARALO  election for  two positions  are slightly different in
the procedures.

In the case of  the ALAC position this position is final with John Laprise
securing the position in a majority vote.

On the other hand   the  NOMCOM  goes through a secondary stage of
assessment from ALAC.   Our  NARALO  vote resulted in  the   NARALO
majority  recommending Leah Symekher to the ALAC as the Delegate to the
Nominating Committee for the period of one year beginning at the end of the
ICANN60 Meeting in November 2017.  Note that ALAC  looks at both candidates
in coming up with their final decision .     Not absolutely sure when ALAC
makes their decision.  I will ask Alan Greenberg for timelines.  I assume
it's at the next ALAC meeting.

Thanks
Glenn

Glenn McKnight