[NA-Discuss] 10th anniversary of NARALO

Glenn McKnight mcknight.glenn at gmail.com
Mon Jun 12 13:29:55 UTC 2017

On  June 12th, 2017, the North American Regional At Large Organization
(NARALO) will be celebrating it’s ten year anniversary of the signing of
the  Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the Internet Corporation for
Assigned Names and Numbers(ICANN) in San Juan Puerto Rico on June 12th
2007.

NARALO serves the North American region which exemplifies our slogan,  MANY
VOICES, ONE INTERNET.  It is one of the five Regional At-Large
Organizations (RALOs) that makes up the At-Large multi-stakeholder
community within ICANN.  The North American region encompasess end users in
Canada, Puerto Rico,  and United States and its other territories.

In the ten years,  NARALO has grown from 10  to 29 At-Large Structures
(ALS) and 19 unaffiliated members with an extensive well of knowledge of
its membership on relevant Internet concerns ranging from community access
to cybersecurity issues.

“Over the past ten years many of our  members have been leaders in the
ICANN ecosystem proving thought provoking and important policy statements,
such as  consumer trust and more.”  Glenn McKnight, NARALO Chair

As the Internet becomes more pervasive in people’s lives we at NARALO aim
to reach out and help the end users to help them engage with the key
decision makers in making the Internet an open, trustworthy and invaluable
community asset.

“I am proud of NARALO for having been able to raise the awareness among our
constituencies about policies and issues discussed in ICANN that affect
end-user communities and shape the global Internet.”  Eduardo Diaz,
President of ISOC Puerto Rico, one of the original signatories on the MOU
and the incoming NARALO Chair.

To learn more NARALO  please visit  www.naralo.org

Contact

Glenn McKnight.NARALO Chair