[NA-Discuss] Inclusion of Individual Internet Users within the City-TLD Multistakeholder Governance Environment

Joly MacFie joly at punkcast.com
Wed May 11 15:14:27 UTC 2016

On Wed, May 11, 2016 at 10:38 AM, Alan Greenberg <alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca>
wrote:

> there  is nothing in the current policies that could compel .nyc, as a
> delegated TLD, to adopt such a policy other than voluntarily.

​Thanks for your thoughtful and detailed response, Alan.

Tom, it does seem that your efforts might be better directed at stirring
things up at a local​ level, but I think there has to be perceptible pain
to get any movement.The tradeoffs between privacy, WHOIS and the nexus
requirement might be a source of such pain. Currently, since proxy
addresses are forbidden under the nexus policy, no private citizen in NYC
can register a .nyc domain with revealing their personal address via WHOIS.
The allocation and oversight of neighborhood reserved names, as per your
recent meetup, is another.

Joly MacFie  218 565 9365 Skype:punkcast