[NA-Discuss] Inclusion of Individual Internet Users within the City-TLD Multistakeholder Governance Environment

Louis Houle louis.houle at oricom.ca
Mon Jun 13 22:05:15 UTC 2016

Right Alan.

My purpose was to search any elements that would relate to the
community. How they interact, if they have a proper policy or some
guidelines in the agreement, knowing that the city is «sovereign» in its
decision making. As I mentioned, I didn't find anything relevant in that
sense regarding specific relations with an entity like Communisphere.

When I contributed to the DotQuebec application, the multiple Guidebook
versions were not so clear on how ICANN would define a community, a
linguistic/cultural or a GeoTLD application and how it would impact the
registry agreement. To some of us, it might seem obvious but what I
understand Tom is probably searching for is a relationship to the
community that is upstream, not merely a city/citizens administration.

As you mentioned

Louis Houle
President
ISOC Quebec