[NA-Discuss] Seeking representation on several Committees: Outreach & Engagement and ALS Criteria & Expectations & other committees

Judith Hellerstein judith at jhellerstein.com
Fri Jul 31 14:56:15 UTC 2015

Dear NARALO ALS and others.

We are reconstituting the Outreach and Engagement Committee and we need some new
members interested in this issue to join and become active. So please let me
know if you are interested.

To find out more about the Outreach & Engagement committee and to sign up click
here, ]https://community.icann.org/x/cqfbAQ Also please sign up on the following
page to get on to the mailing list.  If you do not have a confluence account and
wish to have one, please let me know and I can have staff work with you to get
you started on Confluence.

We also need people to volunteer to join the ALS Criteria & Expectations team.
We are looking at what are the current criteria to join an ALS and are they
sufficient or do they need to be changed and how those expectations related to
the work of the RALOs.  For this committee we need at least 2 people to
represent our region so please let Garth or I know if you are interested. You
can find more about this committee here,
https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/At-Large+ALS+Criteria+and+Expectations+Taskforce

Other working groups that could also use some new members are Metrics, Social
Media, and Capacity Building which is mostly about e-learning and drawing up a
series of webinar topics to enhance the knowledge of people on certain important
Internet Policy issues. Link to this group is
https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/At-Large+Capacity+Building+Working+Group
They are having a call next week for those who are interested in getting
involved or learning more about this group.

The Metrics working group desperately needs new members its primary purpose is
to create, develop and propose to the ALAC  detailed metrics and measures of
performance expectations of Members of the ALAC and those Representing the
At-Large Community in ICANN Activities.  It can be found here,
https://community.icann.org/x/HJfbAQ

Social Media Working Group aims to raise awareness of the ICANN At-Large
community and enhance end-users’ engagement with the community by developing a
strong and sustainable presence on social media. The At-Large Social Media WG,
in close coordination with At-Large Staff, is mainly tasked with implementing
the Social Media Strategy for At-Large (https://community.icann.org/x/lBcQAg).
The Social Media team page is here,https://community.icann.org/x/nIrhAg

A full list of all committees, working groups and task forces is here,  Unless
stated otherwise, all working groups are open to everyone regardless of people's
membership status in At-Large.

ALAC Subcommittees
* Finance and Budget: [1]https://community.icann.org/x/n4XT (membership by
appointment)
* Metrics: [2]https://community.icann.org/x/HJfbAQ
* Outreach and Engagement: [3]https://community.icann.org/x/cqfbAQ

Standing At-Large Working Groups
* Capacity Building: [5]https://community.icann.org/x/1Ic3Ag
* IDN Policy: [6]https://community.icann.org/x/qIsi
* New gTLDs: [7]https://community.icann.org/x/8Yoi
* Registration Issues: [8]https://community.icann.org/x/Cy6fAg
* Social Media: [9]https://community.icann.org/x/nIrhAg
* Technical Issues: [10]https://community.icann.org/x/RJEi

Ad-Hoc At-Large Working Groups
* Academy: [11]https://community.icann.org/x/OACzAQ
* Accessibility: [12]https://community.icann.org/x/MoHFAg
* At-Large Review: [13]https://community.icann.org/x/aZMQAw
* ATLAS II Implementation Taskforce: [14]https://community.icann.org/x/tgjxAg
* Community Regional Outreach Pilot Program Review:
[15]https://community.icann.org/x/5xyfAg (membership by appointment)
* IANA Transition & ICANN Accountability: [16]https://community.icann.org/x/OYThAg
* New Meeting Strategy: [17]https://community.icann.org/x/h4E0Aw
* Technology Taskforce: [18]https://community.icann.org/x/FpfbAQ
* Website Revamp: [19]https://community.icann.org/x/tMPhAg

Please do let me know if you have any questions

Cheers!!
Judith

Judith Hellerstein, Founder & CEO
Hellerstein & Associates
3001 Veazey Terrace NW, Washington DC 20008
Phone: (202) 362-5139  Skype ID: judithhellerstein
E-mail: Judith at jhellerstein.com   Website: www.jhellerstein.com
Linked In: www.linkedin.com/in/jhellerstein/
Opening Telecom & Technology Opportunities Worldwide