[NA-Discuss] Opportunity for ALSes to serve as Hub at ICANN52

Joly MacFie joly at punkcast.com
Wed Jan 21 09:07:55 UTC 2015

​With Singapore 13 hours ahead of EST it''s hard to see this working well
for hubs in North America, unless it's for early morning sessions.

I note there is a NARALO meeting listed for 10:30am SGT on Feb 12 that
would be 9:30pm EST on Feb 11.

joly

​

> [English]
> Dear All,
>
> We are pleased to announce that for the ICANN 52 Meeting scheduled to take
> place in Singapore between 08-12 February 2015, At-Large Structures (ALS)
> will be able to apply to serve as Hubs for remote participants.
>
> Important points include:
>

>   *   Types of hubs - There will be two types of hubs, 1) Listen only hubs
> (no limit on numbers) and 2) Two-way hubs.
>   *   Multi-lingual technical assistance - Technical assistance will be
> available in English, French and Spanish to the approved hubs.
>   *   Date of Operation - Hubs will be in operation on Monday 09 February,
> Wednesday 11 February, and Thursday 12 February 2015.
>   *   Reimbursement - ICANN will offer reimbursement to selected ALSes
> serving as hubs. Additional details will be posted shortly.
>

> If your ALS is interested in applying to serve as a Hub, please follow the
> following steps:
>
>   *   Ensure your ALS will be able to meet the technical requirements:
> https://community.icann.org/x/IyjxAg
>
>   *   Complete the online survey by 26 January 2015, 23:59 UTC:
> https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/WMXTQ3Q
> Additional Information may be found on the At-Large Remote Hub for ICANN
> 52 Workspace: https://community.icann.org/x/IyjxAg
>
> **
> [FRANÇAISE]
>
> Bonjour à tous,
>
> Nous sommes heureux d'annoncer que, pour la réunion de l'ICANN 52 qui aura
> lieu à Singapour entre 08-12 Février 2015, At-Large Structures (ALS) seront
> en mesure d'appliquer pour servir de Hubs (plaques tournantes) pour les
> participants à distance.
>
> Les points importants sont les suivants:
>
>   *   Types de hubs - Il y aura deux types de plates-formes, 1) Hubs pour
> écouter seulement (pas de limite sur le nombre) et 2) Hubs à double sens
> (écouter et parler)
>
>   *   Support technique multilingue – le support technique sera disponible
> en anglais, français et espagnol dans les Hubs agréés.
>
>   *   Date de l'opération - Hubs sera en fonctionnement que le jeudi 09
> Février, 11 Février et 12 February 2015.
>
>   *   Remboursement - ICANN va offrir le remboursement des couts pour les
> ALS sélectionnés servant de Hubs. Des détails supplémentaires seront
> disponibles sous peu.
> Si votre ALS  est intéressé à postuler pour servir de Hub, veuillez suivre
> les étapes suivantes ci-dessous:
>
>   *   Vérifiez que vos ALS seront en mesure de répondre aux exigences
> techniques: https://community.icann.org/x/IyjxAg
>
>   *   Remplissez le sondage en ligne avant le 26 Janvier 2015 23:59 UTC:
> https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/WMXTQ3Q
> Des informations supplémentaires peuvent être trouvées sur l’espace de
> travail wiki pour At-Large hub a distance pour l'ICANN 52:
> https://community.icann.org/x/IyjxAg
>
> **
> [ESPAÑOL]
> Estimados todos,

> [...]

Joly MacFie  218 565 9365 Skype:punkcast
WWWhatsup NYC - http://wwwhatsup.com