[NA-Discuss] NARALO 2015 CALL For Nominations vor Various Elected/Selected Positions

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Tue Apr 14 01:14:54 UTC 2015

Darlene, as the person that oversaw the NARALO leadership changes to
accommodate Garth's leave-of-absence, I have a reasonable amount of
confidence that no rules have been violated.

On 10 December 2014, Garth requested a leave of absence. See
http://atlarge-lists.icann.org/pipermail/na-discuss/2014-December/008462.html.

As there was not a NARALO Teleconference scheduled until mid-January,
on 10 December 2014 I requested a Call for Consensus to effect the
changes. Specifically:

Evan would become Acting Chair
Judith would become Acting Secretariat

See
http://atlarge-lists.icann.org/pipermail/na-discuss/2014-December/008465.html.

A scrupulous count of ALSes supporting the Consensus Call was kept,
and on 16 December 2014 Staff announced that a decision had been
reached and the changes took effect. See
http://atlarge-lists.icann.org/pipermail/na-discuss/2014-December/008498.html.

Note that the Operating Procedures make reference to the person
"fulfilling the role of Secretariat" not being Chair. Once the
changes took effect, Evan was no longer fulfilling the role of
Secretariat and so could legitimately act as Chair.

As per Garth's request, the changes were to last until the NARALO
Teleconference scheduled for today, at which point they were reversed.

At no point was anyone fulfilling the two roles simultaneously.

Alan