[NA-Discuss] A second ALAC selection process

Eduardo Diaz eduardodiazrivera at gmail.com
Sun Apr 12 20:56:08 UTC 2015

I am OK to shorten the nomination period if rules allow to do it.

-ed

On Sun, Apr 12, 2015 at 4:21 PM, Evan Leibovitch <evan at telly.org> wrote:

> In view of Glenn McKnight's recent resignation of his position as ALAC
> Member effective at the end of the ICANN 54 meeting scheduled to be held in
> Dublin *(*
> http://atlarge-lists.icann.org/pipermail/na-discuss/2015-April/008652.html
> *),* his ALAC position has become available for the completion of his term
> – AGM 2015 until AGM 2016.
>
> As described in my "Adieu" message (
>
> http://atlarge-lists.icann.org/pipermail/na-discuss/2015-April/008640.html
> <
> http://atlarge-lists.icann.org/pipermail/na-discuss/2015-April/008640.html>
> ),
> I suggested that this slot be filled by Alan, and received numerous
> comments supporting this plan of action.
>
> In light of this, I now open nominations for this position, and nominate
> Alan Greenberg. I made a message to this effect yesterday, but did not
> sufficiently explain the required process in alignment with our procedures.
>
> I am proposing that we waive our normal 30 day nomination period so that
> this selection can be complete on 9 of May, in time for our normally
> scheduled May NARALO meeting. If any ALS Representatives have a problem
> with this slightly shortened nomination period, please let me know.
>
> Evan Leibovitch
> Acting NARALO Chair

*NOTICE:* This email may contain information which is confidential and/or
subject to legal privilege, and is intended for the use of the named
addressee only. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not use,
disclose or copy any part of this email. If you have received this email by
mistake, please notify the sender and delete this message immediately.