[NA-Discuss] NARALO ALS's

Darlene Thompson thompson.darlene at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 23:16:43 UTC 2014

First of all this is an amazing achievement in outreach and all should be
congratulated for their efforts.  The intensified efforts into targeted
areas is obviously paying off.

I am not sure if what I have is a suggestion or just an over-all impression
- or if it will be at all helpful or not.  As someone who reads all the
lists and Skype chats and tries to follow everything, I find that there is
very little "meat" at the NARALO table.  We used to discuss actual policy.
 Now all I read on this list is outreach events, photo ops, what kind of
party should we have at the next ICANN meetings...  This has almost NOTHING
to do with me or what brought me to ICANN in the first place.  Give me
something to grab onto and I just might!

Yes, I realize that *I* of all people should know what groups, sub-groups,
etc are out there and I'm in a few but as a new-comer, I wouldn't know
where to start.  Even as an ordinary subscriber to the list its not clear.
 Also, the NARALO itself exists mainly to discuss policy.  I see almost
none of that on the list.  I find the most interesting things on the Skype
chats.

People will come to the table and eat if there is food on it.