[NA-Discuss] VOTE ANNOUNCEMENT: At-Large Board Seat 15 - TIE BREAKING VOTE
staff at atlarge.icann.org
Sun Mar 23 12:00:05 UTC 2014
Tijani Ben Jemaa, Chair of the Board Member Selection Process Committee (BMSPC) 2014, has asked that a TIE BREAKING VOTE be held to select the candidate to run against Rinalia Abdul Rahim for the Board Director (Seat #15) selected by the ALAC/At-Large for 2015-2017 (to take their seat at the 2014 AGM).
No candidate in VOTE ROUND 2 received more than 50% of the votes.
The next step will be to hold a vote to break the tie between Sébastien Bachollet and Alan Greenberg. The winner of this tie-breaking vote will run against Rinalia Abdul Rahim.
Question: Who do you support to run against Rinalia Abdul Rahim for the Board Director (Seat #15) selected by the ALAC/At-Large for 2015-2017? Please select one candidate between the two tied candidates below (listed in alphabetical order of the family name):
• Sébastien Bachollet
• Alan Greenberg
TIE BREAKING VOTE Procedure
• Please note that the poll for the TIE BREAKING VOTE will be open from Sunday, 23-March-2014 20:00 SGT (12:00 UTC) to Monday, 24-March-2014 17:30 SGT (09:30 UTC).
• Once open, electorates will receive Vote Credentials that contain links to BigPulse, the online platform, to cast their vote.
• Staff will send reminders, as well as contact electorates who haven’t voted before the poll closes.
• The TIE BREAKING VOTE will be a simple majority: electorate members may choose only one candidate for whom they will cast their vote. The candidate with the most votes wins.
• If one of the candidates has more than 50% of the votes cast, that candidate will enter the next VOTE pool to compete against Rinalia Abdul Rahim for the Board Director (Seat #15) position.
• If no candidate receives more than 50% of the votes cast, an in-person, random draw will take place in the VIP room on Monday, 24-March-2014 at 17:45 SGT (09:45 UTC). The winner of the random tie breaking draw will enter the next VOTE pool to compete against Rinalia Abdul Rahim for the Board Director (Seat #15) position.
• The VOTE poll following the tie breaking will be open from Monday, 24-March-2014 19:00 SGT (11:00 UTC) to Wednesday 26-March-2014 14:00 SGT (06:00 UTC). This vote will also be a simple majority vote. If one candidate receives more than 50% of the votes cast, that candidate will be declared the final winner and the Board Director selection process is completed. If not, a random tie breaking operation is undertaken on Wednesday, 26 March at 15:30 SGT (07:30 UTC)
• The official announcement of the winner of the Board Director (Seat #15) selected by the ALAC/At-Large process (i.e. final winner) will be reported on Thursday, 27 March 2014.
Heidi Ullrich, Silvia Vivanco, Matt Ashtiani, Ariel Liang, Gisella Gruber, Nathalie Peregrine and Julia Charvolen
ICANN Policy Staff in support of ALAC
E-mail: staff at atlarge.icann.org<file://localhost/applewebdata/::EEFF989A-4B14-4F82-9BE3-76607E7BC0FF:Regards,%20Heidi%20Ullrich,%20Silvia%20Vivanco,%20Matt%20Ashtiani,%20Ariel%20Liang,%20Gisella%20Gruber,%20Nathalie%20Peregrine%20and%20Julia%20Charvolen%20ICANN%20Policy%20Staff%20in%20support%20of%20ALACmailtoemail@example.com>
More information about the NA-Discuss